To qualify as a consignor, specific Stewardship Criteria must be met. Consignors that fall short of these criteria, but are making progress, may still be able to participate. These exceptions will be determined on a case-by-case basis by Prairie Legends staff.
• Herds must be managed in methods that increase the health of the land, the bison, and the people (request stewardship criteria).
• Full and transparent data regarding birthplace (purchased or home-raised), herd health, vaccinations, feeding regimens, salt and mineral supplementation, weights, breeding/ production records, etc., are required to participate and will be offered to buyers prior to the auction. Consignors can include additional information as desired.
• Consignors must submit a written affidavit confirming adherence to the stewardship criteria as well as the truthfulness of any and all claims made.
• Properties and records must be open and available by appointment for inspection by Prairie Legends Bison agents.
• Consignors will be encouraged to personally represent their animals at sale time and via pre-recorded video posted on this website.